Photo © Al Temple
(Yes we have some rules)
- Same two vehicles that start must finish as a Team.
- All Team members that start must finish, and take part in all three phases of the event.
- No abusing of natural resources, including:
- Not using a tree strap
- Short cuts through vegetation
- You may not communicate to other Teams any location of check points, or special tasks, or what they may be.
- You may only help other Teams:
- in need of medical aid
- getting a rollover out of the way
- mechanical breakdown towed out of the way
- or they're so slow through an obstacle that they are causing a back-up.
- In the event of a rollover a or mechanical breakdown, you may only assist in getting it out of the way. You may not assist with parts, physical help, or smarts, to get it going. (You may suggest what they should have been driving.)
- If you are continually causing a back-up, and failing to heed to the faster Teams, you may be asked to drop out. Please move aside for them.
- If you are driving in a matter which is unsafe, you may be asked to drop out.
- Drive SLOW (walking speed), in and around camp.
- A Team consists of only the 3 or 4 members in the rigs. No help Is allowed outside of these few. (No pit crew.)
- While waiting for your turn at a Task, you must stay within reach of your vehicle. (It spoils the surprise otherwise.)
Your are responsible for your vehicles being legal and for driving legally!!!